Salem University Centre for Continuing Education and Entrepreneurial Studies, Lokoja in collaboration with Web Missions International presents a four (4) Week Intensive Certificate Course On Internet Evangelism and Cybermissions. Participants are Bishops, Pastors, Evangelists, Missionaries, Bible teachers, Theological students, Christian IT Practitioners and lecturers, Church Webmasters, all Christian leaders in CAN, PFN, etc and Youth leaders in Churches, Fellowships and Organizations...
The impact of the computer technology has fast grown far above the radio, television and print media areas of witnessing in recent times with several advantages. Internet Evangelism and Cybermissions have been practiced since 1992 following the advent of the Internet. Today, as the knowledge and usage of the internet increases, this area of mission has equally increased especially in the western world. In 2006, the Webpulpit from Nigeria cued in and started pioneering the establishment of digital missions through the internet all over Africa. We believe that engaging with you using real life examples of effective evangelism on the Internet will stir you up to appreciate the potentials of using the World Wide Web to evangelize. This will impact not only people on the other side of the continents, but also on people in your own community. To achieve this, Salem University Lokoja in collaboration with Web Missions International have designed an interactive practical course to train Christian leaders and Ministers in the art of ministering online.
3. Aims and Objectives:
- To encourage the embracing of the computer and internet technology for the sake of soul winning
- To build required expertise and promote a “do-it-yourself” approach in the design and implementation of web-based missions
- To minimize the cost implications of acquiring a digital missions platform
- To equip Christians for evangelism in this modern age of the Internet.
- To see the church built spiritually and numerically through the use of social media networks.
4. Training modules – topics/issues to be covered:
|IEC 101||Introduction to Computer and Internet||3|
|IEC 102||Web-Ministry Planning and Implementation||2|
|IEC 103||Theology of the Cyberchurch||3|
|CBC 101||Media & Ministry Marketing||2|
|CBC 102||Psychology of the Cyberspace||2|
|CBC 103||Global Leadership and Missions||2|
|IEC 105||Mission Project (Progressive)||4|
Course duration: 4 Weeks
Lecture delivery: 4 lectures per week – Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am – 1pm,
Lecture Venue: Centre for Continuing Education and Entrepreneurial Studies, Salem University, Marine Road, behind State Ministry of Works, Lokoja
5. Skills/Competencies to be acquired:
The following professional/technical skills will be acquired at the end of this course:
- Good Computer and Internet Usage
- Website design and blogging expertise
- Online business and marketing skills
- Setting up functional Cybercafés for business and ministry
- Internet security measures and Privacy Protection Intelligence
- Social Media Networking and Interactivity
- Entrepreneurial skills for job creation and wealth generation
- Proficiency in Cybercrimes management
6. Resources/Tool-kits to be provided:
E-books and Standard Course Materials are available for each course. In addition, the following tool-kits will be provided for participants in a Jumbo DVD at a free cost:
- 15 Videos on Internet statistics, how to build an effective evangelistic church website and several online mission trips/promos
- 7 MP3 Audios from Internet Mission Conference
- 4 Professional Software on Web/Graphics creation
8. Special reasons why you must attend:
It was reported that 150,000 die every DAY, 107 every minute! With Online Evangelism, 60 seconds is enough time to reach over 100 people with the gospel. God has given us the WWW as a “door of utterance” for the gospel (Colossians 4:3). Jesus said, “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come” (Matthew 24:14). In the parable of the banquet he also said, “And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.” (Luke 14:23). Digital Outreach is taking the gospel of the kingdom to the nations of the world through the highways and byways of the World Wide Web. Jesus said, “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19). We are inviting you to come fishing with us on the World Wide Web. This is an invitation and opportunity for individuals and congregations to take the gospel to the nations. The nations include those who live in the community in which you live and worship and not just the Internet community. This training is to equip you utilize this call effectively. Why not join this chariot TODAY!
9. Qualifications for Participation:
- Minimum academic attainment of SSCE/GCE
- Interest in Computers and internet
- Must be a Christian in Africa within the categories listed in section one above
- Ownership of an internet enabled palmtop/laptop is an added advantage
10. Facilities for Training Delivery:
- Air-conditioned Computer Lab with internet facilities
- Serene Learning Environment
- Stand-by Generator
- University-based instructors
11. Resource persons/Course facilitators:
|Prof. Paul Omaji||Vice Chancellor, Salem University|
|Dr. (Mrs.) Josephine Okoli (JP)||Director, CCEES, Salem University|
|Mr. Philips Chukwu||Chairman, Web Missions International|
|Pastor Kayode Ajibade||Deputy Chairman, CAN/PFN Kogi state|
|Pastor Rotimi Faluyi||Computer Technologist, Salem University|
|Evang. Emeka Ogbuju (CITP)||IT Supervisor, Salem & Missions Director, Web Missions|
|Mr. U. Onwudebelu||Lecturer, Salem University|
|Evang. Femi Oyerinde||Director, Kingdom Embassy Missions|
12. Certification by the University:
At the end of the training, there will be Course Evaluation Exercise by the University. Successful participants will be issued a Certificate of Proficiency in Internet Evangelism and Cybermission to practice as Web Evangelists or Cybermissionaries of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in accordance with Matt. 28:19. You will be able to articulate and create a viable strategic plan for your own Cybermissions and implement it with minimal funding.
13. Career Prospects and Openings:
- Successful participants may add to their name the “CWME” tag – Certified Web Missions Evangelist.
- Skills obtained will enhance sitting for and passing the Certified Internet Webmasters Professional Examination.
- Successful participants may progress to work as E-commerce Consultants, E-advertising agents or Independent Freelance Developers and earn money designing websites for Organizations and Businesses.
- Membership to the International Internet Evangelism Associations and affiliation with several Online Digital Outreaches.
- Opportunities to serve as technical adviser to Law Enforcement Agencies, ICPC, EFCC, Nigeria Cybercrime Working Group, etc
- Successful participants can also work as Web Missions Consultants, developing and delivering training modules in digital missions
14. Course fee:
Application Forms and Course Registration Fees for this one-in-a-lifetime Course are Flexible and Affordable. Please note that Registration is on-going and would close on Wednesday 27th June, 2012.
15. Executive Participants:
Special Intensive 5-day boot-camp is organized for tight-scheduled business/episcopal class participants. Inclusive in their resource pack are the normal tool-kits with a free premium website hosted for one (1) year. Interested candidates are expected to own a laptop and must be computer literate. To register in this class, please contact 08036003190 or 08050589073 for executive arrangement.
16. Date of Commencement:
Tuesday July 10, 2012 – Tuesday August 7, 2012.
Registration is currently on-going.
Available spaces are limited as there are presently scrambling for spaces! Pick your Form now from:
The Director, Centre for Continuing Education and Entrepreneurial Studies, Salem University, Marine Road, behind State Ministry of Works, Lokoja
For further enquiries call: 08036003190, 08059027785 or 08050589073, 08032618951